- Proposed clearcutting in Jellico Mountains could have serious negative consequencesBy: Trevor Sherman, The News Journal I have found myself doing a fair amount of research in recent days after attending last week’s Corbin Rotary Club meeting at David’s Steakhouse. The special guest speakers were Debbie Moses, and Timm and Theresa Martin, who were there to speak about the ongoing efforts to convince the U.S.… Read more: Proposed clearcutting in Jellico Mountains could have serious negative consequences
- Citizens are eager to “stop the chop”McCreary Voice – With the rugged beauty and history of the area, perhaps it is no real surprise that a local citizens’ group is opposed to the U.S. Forest Service’s proposed Jellico (& Little Rock Creek) Vegetation Management Project, which incorporates the use of clearcutting and variations of clearcutting to harvest approximately 5,000 acres of… Read more: Citizens are eager to “stop the chop”
- Jellico Mountain task force formed to oppose Daniel Boone National Forest loggingWTVQ — A group of Whitley and McCreary County citizens have banded together to protect thousands of acres of the Daniel Boone National Forest. This is in response to the U.S. Forest Services’ plans to clear-cut approximately 5,000 acres of the forest and log a total of 10,000 acres over the next 40 years, the… Read more: Jellico Mountain task force formed to oppose Daniel Boone National Forest logging
- Citizens Alternative to the Jellico Vegetative Management ProjectMarch 15, 2023 Tim Reed, District ManagerDaniel Boone National ForestStearns Ranger District3320 Highway 27 NWhitley City, KY 42653 Subject: Citizens Alternative to the Jellico Vegetative Management Project #63037 Dear Mr. Reed, This letter is in response to U.S. Forest Service plans to log the Jellico Mountains of the Daniel Boone National Forest over the next… Read more: Citizens Alternative to the Jellico Vegetative Management Project
- Kentucky Residents Angered by U.S. Forest Service Logging Plan That Targets Mature TreesWILLIAMSBURG, Kentucky—Brandon Bowlin learned of the U.S. government’s plan for clear-cutting in the southernmost mountains of Daniel Boone National Forest only a few weeks after the hard summer rains of 2022, when the earth slid off a mountain beneath a slope he had once logged. Since age 14—when Bowlin first held a chainsaw—he has harvested… Read more: Kentucky Residents Angered by U.S. Forest Service Logging Plan That Targets Mature Trees
All images on this website are copyright their respective owners and published here with permission or license. Please see the Copyright page for more information or to report a copyright issue.
> Divider – by Gordon Johnson – pixabay.com/users/gdj-1086657/